Poem's and Poet's Names -Book III

Image
  Poems & Poets of Book III   1. The Rain by William Henry Davies 2. Night Mail by Wystan Hugh Auden 3. Loveliest of Trees, the Cherry Now by Alfred Edward 4. O Where are You Going? by  Wystan Hugh Auden 5. In the street of the Fruit Stalls by Stall Worthy 6. A Sindhi Woman by Jan Stallworthy 7. Times from Ecclesiastes by some unknown poet   8. Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley 9. The Feed by Ahmed Nadeem Qasmi 10. the Hollow Men Thomas Stearns Eliot 11. Leisure by Williama Henry Davies 12. Rubai'yat by Allama Muhammad Iqbal 13. A Tale of two cities by John Peter 14. My Neighbour Friend Breathing His Last! by Bullah Sha & Translated by Abdur Rauf Luther 15. He Came to Know Himself by Sachal Sarmast 16. God's Attributes by Jalaluddin Rumi & Translated by Dr. Nicholson 17. The Delight Song by Navarree Scott Momday 18. Love-an Essence of All Religions by Jalaluddin Rumi & Translated by Dr Nicholson 19. A Man of Words Not of Deeds by Charles Perrault & Transla

A Bitter Fact of Life -Ch No 12- Towards the Final Destination

12| A Bitter Fact of Life

There are many bitter facts of life, death is the unique one. Nobody can dare to deny it. Once we were children; where our youth has gone; and how life has become so hard in old age; all that seems too fleeting to be true. Man is a slave of his destiny and it is his destiny that backends him to move towards it. Everything is beyond his power but his will and determination. Whether he makes the best use of his inborn abilities or not, God has bestowed them upon him. Those who think that they can't do that are mistaken because the opportunities are everywhere whether we realize it or not. People around us are making money by dint of their efforts and skill. Our destiny is borrowed in accordance with our efforts.  


Once I met with a person who had three boys. He was talking about the wretch condition of his eldest son. He was very nonchalant in his attitude and never bothered what his father advised him. The father was venting to me about what he wanted for his sons and how they reacted and followed, especially the eldest one. He was in his sixties and wished that his daughters be married to some reasonable match. He was sitting beside us and was listening to our conversation silently. He was least concerned with the worries and consideration of the speaker. Though, apparently, he was a very reasonable boy, understood clearly. He exclaimed, "Alas! When the pot is heated on a stove it outbursts its content, the brink burns like a fire and screams with pangs!" No one could feel the heat of that pang, yet he had to bear it alone. 
    He was a very humble father having four children to raise. The father was talking to me that I would suggest he settle the matter. I tried but I also lacked the experience to present a solid reason to keep the ball rolling. However, by the end of the father's grievances, I was very shocked to hear when the son asked me, "Sir, why do the good people die very soon?". I was really horror-struck by his query and couldn't satisfy him. The words fell upon me like a chill crystal and could not help keeping silent. I tried to use the best words to satisfy the father, but I couldn't do that. The moments passed and the father narrated to me his desires and planning in the best manner. I came out with a very heavy heart because I knew all about the boy's irresponsible activities in those days. His late-night stay outside irritated the father much. 

    A few days later, I got busy in life and they did their own. Once or twice I talked to the boy and tried to solve the matter amicably, but he didn't listen to me. After passing a few weeks or so, I heard the news that did make me shocked actually. "Sir, why do the good people die very soon? Why do? Why do?" It is hereby known to the people who belong to this locality and people in general that Mr X (father of that boy) has passed away and his funeral ceremony is going to be offered after this afternoon." Oh my God! what was the news! I was not expecting it at all.  His words struck me again and again, and I could not express my feelings to that boy. What a pity! The very father whom I was talking to a few days ago had departed from this world. I could never forget the spoken words, the grievances,  that he spoke in front of his father. 

    After passing many years when I saw that boy, those words flashed back to echo in my ears as I have just heard them today. He was still alive and busy in his every hectic day to meet both his ends meet. (May Allah bless 🙏 the soul of his father in heaven! Ameen!) 

Click here for Reading Comprehension Passage No. 5 "Healing Power of Transformation"

    Another bitter scene that hunts me bitterly whenever I see those stairs where I stood watching the man who was talking to me about his delay the next day on the upper step of the ground at Kalsoom Grammar School. One of my clerks who had been with me for a few months requested that he would come late the next day by nine o'clock. And the very next day we offered his funeral prayers at the same time. How bitter life is! Sooner or later, everyone is to die. There is a schedule designed by heaven. We just have to follow our destiny and do our best to fulfil our everyday tasks satisfactorily.

Click here to read "Labiyk Allah Huma Labiyk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem's and Poet's Names -Book III

Towards the Final Destination

How to Make the Best Use of the Opportunity