Poem's and Poet's Names -Book III

Image
  Poems & Poets of Book III   1. The Rain by William Henry Davies 2. Night Mail by Wystan Hugh Auden 3. Loveliest of Trees, the Cherry Now by Alfred Edward 4. O Where are You Going? by  Wystan Hugh Auden 5. In the street of the Fruit Stalls by Stall Worthy 6. A Sindhi Woman by Jan Stallworthy 7. Times from Ecclesiastes by some unknown poet   8. Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley 9. The Feed by Ahmed Nadeem Qasmi 10. the Hollow Men Thomas Stearns Eliot 11. Leisure by Williama Henry Davies 12. Rubai'yat by Allama Muhammad Iqbal 13. A Tale of two cities by John Peter 14. My Neighbour Friend Breathing His Last! by Bullah Sha & Translated by Abdur Rauf Luther 15. He Came to Know Himself by Sachal Sarmast 16. God's Attributes by Jalaluddin Rumi & Translated by Dr. Nicholson 17. The Delight Song by Navarree Scott Momday 18. Love-an Essence of All Religions by Jalaluddin Rumi & Translated by Dr Nicholson 19. A Man of Words Not of Deeds by Charles Perrault & Transla

Labiyk Allah huma Labiyk- Ch 11- A Journey towards the final Destination by Masood Sadiq

Labiyk Allah Huma Labiyk
by Masood Sadiq

Whenever I recall my meeting with a lady standing outside of a lawn at the Haji Camp Lahore, beside the Badshahi Mosque, till now I can't help censoring myself. It was one of the frequent pictures that I am unable to remove from my precious asset of the past. When I caught sight of her, on seeing her appearance, first I thought of her that she was not a pilgrimage at all. How could she perform the Hajj? 

    About twenty-five years ago I was lucky enough to accompany my dearest mother to perform the Haj. Before this privilege, I was quite busy fulfilling all the pre-requisite documentation for the submission of the Hajj application. As per rules and regulations, the females can perform their Hajj in the company of a Mehrum (blood-relation relative). The financial package was supported by my elder brother, but he was not going to accompany her. And my mother was reluctant to perform that Hajj pilgrimage any Non-Mehrum. So one day, at an early lunchtime, she requested me to accompany her. Without any speculation, I at once said, "Yes". Later she told me all about her disappointment and desire. Earlier she had asked her eldest son to accompany her before she asked me to go. He refused to go with her. Similarly, my elder brother didn't show any interest to go with his mother, too. Finally, she prayed devotedly to Allah Almighty before asking me. And her prayer was approved by Him.      


I didn't have money to perform the pilgrimage, and I didn't want to perform it with any financial assistance from my brother. I sold my Honda 125 bike. I could never remove the sight of my bike where I left it in a re-selling store. I could hear its gloomy picture in the pang at the time of departure. Afterwards, I did buy some more bikes in my life but I could never forget my love for my first bike of mine. 
    Later I thanked Allah Almighty many times that I had done a good decision to accompany my mother when I saw many old pilgrimages in very helpless conditions. I would have never come to know all the problems and issues related to the above said rules and regulations regarding females' Hajj pilgrimage if I had sent my mother alone. It was another blessing of mine. Whatever I had learned during this pilgrimage is another long story. ( I will try to narrate all other stories)  
    After performing the Hajj, one day after learning many valuable lessons that still remain a staunch part of my faith I have had, one day at the gate of Bab-e-Fahid, the same middle-aged lady stood asking me: "Hajji, where is Safa Marwa?" - an important Ruken to perform with Umera. Those words fell upon me like a bombshell and my foolish thought struck me hard like steel and a feeling of repentance pressed heavily my skull. 
I begged Allah Almighty for my repentance but it was too late. I couldn't hold the foolishness that occurred in my mind at the Hajji Camp Lahore about that lady.
 

May Allah bless both of the ladies in heaven. Ameen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem's and Poet's Names -Book III

Towards the Final Destination

How to Make the Best Use of the Opportunity