Poem's and Poet's Names -Book III

Image
  Poems & Poets of Book III   1. The Rain by William Henry Davies 2. Night Mail by Wystan Hugh Auden 3. Loveliest of Trees, the Cherry Now by Alfred Edward 4. O Where are You Going? by  Wystan Hugh Auden 5. In the street of the Fruit Stalls by Stall Worthy 6. A Sindhi Woman by Jan Stallworthy 7. Times from Ecclesiastes by some unknown poet   8. Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley 9. The Feed by Ahmed Nadeem Qasmi 10. the Hollow Men Thomas Stearns Eliot 11. Leisure by Williama Henry Davies 12. Rubai'yat by Allama Muhammad Iqbal 13. A Tale of two cities by John Peter 14. My Neighbour Friend Breathing His Last! by Bullah Sha & Translated by Abdur Rauf Luther 15. He Came to Know Himself by Sachal Sarmast 16. God's Attributes by Jalaluddin Rumi & Translated by Dr. Nicholson 17. The Delight Song by Navarree Scott Momday 18. Love-an Essence of All Religions by Jalaluddin Rumi & Translated by Dr Nicholson 19. A Man of Words Not of Deeds by Charles Perrault & Transla

Virtue Never Goes Unrewarded - Ch 8 - (A Journey towards the Final Destination by Masood Sadiq)

   8| Virtue Never Goes Unrewarded

It was about ten o'clock in the morning that I had a view of a middle-aged person sitting along the road. I was on my bike and passed away without noticing him. Actually, he needed a lift. I should have stopped there, but soon after realising I  applied the brakes and got to him after a few minutes. I was happy with this timely service. 

While heading towards the destination he told me that he had come from a village on foot. He started walking early in the morning and still, he was far away from his destination. He also narrated to me the purpose of his visiting the city on that day. He had to go to someone to get some money. After getting the money, he would go to the fruit market to buy some fruit to sell to earn his livelihood. I heard his hard-luck story and dropped him near the fruit market. I gave him some money and asked him to go to the market and buy the fruit. He didn't want to get the money. It was not a big amount but he still hesitated to get it. However, I  insisted and asked him not to go anywhere to waste more time. 

After passing some time I observed many poor people who did their best to keep themselves up in their life, but they were unable to do as much as they deserved. How their circumstances forced them to live from hand to mouth. I was very thankful to Allah Almighty for those blessings I had had. I went to my school and in the afternoon, I got a call from the Principal of the school where I had been teaching for a few months. He asked me to take charge of the post of the vice-principal. The previous vice-principal had gone to some other city and was not interested to continue that job. So the principal appointed me as the vice-principal of the school. He also increased my salary for that new assignment. I had my strong faith that it resulted due to my recent generosity with that middle-aged person I did before noon on that day.

I tried my best to uplift the standard of the school and started one or two planners. I also conducted some workshops for teachers' training and was appreciated by the principal. In the meanwhile, I applied for some other posts and just after nine months I got a job in a vocational training institute as a teacher of English and Ethics. I resigned myself from the school and got a farewell. The staff arranged money to present a gift to me but refused them to do that. However, I requested them to change the gift in place of books. I made a farewell speech and thanked them for their reverence.

There are hundreds of hundreds of people around us who are not blessed with those blessings, we are blessed with. We are lucky enough to have some opportunities to help others instead of being helped by others. Our little help opens up our account in an unlimited and vast treasure of God forever and ever.

Click here to read Ch9-"Look before you Leap"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poem's and Poet's Names -Book III

Towards the Final Destination

How to Make the Best Use of the Opportunity